Why Join the Frederick Steeplechasers???
For the fun! Be a part of the active Frederick running scene and meet dynamic folks who share a common interest in running.
Still need convincing? Here’s what you get for your $20/year:
- Group runs, frequently with coffee, drinks, or socializing afterwards
- Access to a members-only Facebook group for planning group runs
- Social activities, including picnics, annual awards night, monthly happy hours, and other impromptu celebrations with local runners
- Winter Breakfast Runs, potluck events at members’ homes to keep us motivated through the cold winter months
Training and Competition
- Free members-only training programs, from the 5k to marathon distance
- FSRC race opportunities throughout the year! (See our Events Calendar)
- Grand Prix series, giving members chance to compete against other club members in a series of local races, ranging from track workouts to 50-mile events. Take your pick and see how you measure up!
- Summer Decathlon, offering a series of 10 track races of varying distances throughout the summer, followed by training or other fun relay activities
- Group training runs, year-round, at various distances, paces, places and times!
- Free low-key club races
- Education Nights on various running-related topics, such as safety, nutrition, foam rolling, stretching, and more
- A Steeplechasers Racing Team (for qualifying members)
- Spires Youth Training Program, a youth cross-country and track team focused on the benefits of running as a fun, healthy activity for youth
- Maryland RRCA Race Series, including free entry in the annual Club Challenge 10-Miler
Discounts & Free Races
- Free training programs, from 5k to marathon distances
- Discount codes to local races, as made available by race directors
- Free low-key club races
- Occasional discounts from local businesses, shared with members as available
- Join groups of Steeps to support finish lines at local races
- Man an (award-winning!) aid station at the annual JFK50 and/or Gettysburg marathon
- Volunteer to serve on a club committee to support club operations
- Member volunteers who go above and beyond are recognized annually at the Steeplechasers Awards Banquet
- Help with planning, promoting, and putting on the Club’s Signature Races, with lots of volunteer openings available on an annual basis!
- The Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club Facebook group is open to the public, and offers a place
to discuss local events, training questions, injuries, race strategies, and everything else running-related.
- Members receive access to a members-only Facebook group for planning group runs and meeting up with other runners
- Twice-monthly e-newsletters with updates on local races, running news and resources, and discount codes to events as available
- Intervals Quarterly Blog, with articles covering local races, club events, and running in general!
Road Runners Club of America Affiliation
- The Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club is THE RRCA affiliate for Frederick County. The RRCA offers classes, clinics, and other benefits and is a major resource to all runners.